TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realise 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law ‘Wind op Zee” and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the preparation for the first individual projects (spatial, permits, procurement) is ongoing.
In order to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea, the new department Offshore NL is formed. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment. We are currently looking for a: Cost Engineer.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You assess the quotes of contractors and suppliers in the following project phases: ‘final permits & detailed design’, ‘construction and commissioning’ and ‘closing’ (gate 2 up until gate 5).
- You define and maintain estimates and budget plans for our projects, based on project specifications and time schedules;
- You set up price lists for our tenders and provide support during the tender phase (e.g. analysing bids of tenderers, answering questions of tenderers);
- You assess the financial and substantive feasibility of contract specifications based on cost calculations and align with the project team and engineers;
- You assess the cost calculations of claims, variation orders and RFC’s we receive from contractors and suppliers; You provide input in your discipline for risk sessions; you help to quantify project risks and you translate the risk analysis of the project team to financial project risks;
- You work closely together with your fellow cost engineer in the Project department (NLO-PMO);
- You support AMO to build, maintain and improve the tools we use (e.g. frameworks, models, systems, databases) to professionalize and standardize the way we budget and assess cost calculations;
- You propose and execute improvement plans to the management with regard to relevant processes, procedures and cost reductions;
- You contribute to the further promotion and professionalization of cost engineering;
- You execute operational tasks such as; budgeting, sparring with the project team, act as a source of cost and budget information, provide input for various reports, support drafting of documents etc.
- You report directly to the team manager PMO Offshore NL.
- Minimum Bachelor degree, e.g. in Construction, Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- You have at least 6 years of working experience in activities similar to those mentioned in the tasks and responsibilities, preferably in an organization comparable to TenneT;
- You are experienced in offshore or chemical/oil & gas industry;
- The following personal competences apply for this position: analytic, accurate, result driven, communicative, conscious and analytical.;
- You are an experienced user of Excel;
- You are able to draft a budget which can be used as a solid basis for an ‘in control’ project;
- You are able to support the organization in reaching the next level in professional budgeting methodologies;
- You are customer focused, result driven, proactive and cost aware;
- People around you would describe you as a helpful person, who can easily build relationships, knows how to get a thorough understanding of projects and is able to encourage people based on personality;
- Fluent in Dutch, business-fluent in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of offshore projects advantageous.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-303 2900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-303 2900