For our client’s site in Hengelo we are looking for a Civil Structural Lead Engineer to lead the civil/architectural engineering design aspects in mono or multidiscipline projects from conceptual design to realization.
This role is based in Hengelo. From here you conduct all design work in the area of Civil/Architectural Engineering always working in accordance with client, national and international standards, HSE guidelines and operations guidelines and site infrastructure regulatory requirements.
Thus you are responsible for project development and realization, project scope, budget and planning, and coordination for your own sub-discipline, based on customer demands. At all times you manage uncertainties and maintain a core focus on meeting customer requirements, and you aim to deliver projects within project budget and time schedule. You also provide technical support for negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers.
This requires you to guide and control engineering contractors and to supervise construction contractors. You also translate regulatory requirements into new ways of working, standards and procedures while monitoring compliance and taking corrective measures when necessary.
Managing and leading the design process is a key aspect of the role and you introduce and integrate new installations and equipment in production. In doing so you aim to implement (eco) efficient, effective and reliable production processes and design work.
In terms of maintenance you advise on preventative and/or corrective maintenance activities, the aim being to guarantee high reliability and reproducibility and uptime of installations, controls and equipment.
Further, where applicable you perform (risk) analysis and advice via the collection, interpretation and editing of (new) process related data and developments. You also report on risk assessments of new installations/equipment and issue advice for needed changes at request or at own initiative.
Continuous Improvement is central to all our operations and at all times you aim to identify opportunities for improvements in design work, installations, and equipment and working processes.
In addition you provide management information via the documented design work, constructions and calculations. You also provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses to your organization. In doing so you enable management and/or other stakeholders to make (timely) strategic decisions.
- You have excellent skills in engineering. Design skills are a bonus.
- You have site brownfield industrial experience in both steel and concrete.
- In-depth knowledge of the Dutch Building regulations “Bouwbesluit”, soil remediation, structural safety (e.g. CE) and fire proofing safety aspects.
- Can prepare and check concrete and steel calculations.
- Knowledge of STAAD and Technosoft is preferable.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and you are driven by quality.
- Health and safety is nr #1 for you and you take personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, of course you demonstrate this by example.
- Pro-active attitude. Effective communication with project team members and all stakeholders.
- Good Dutch and English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil engineering qualification.
- Candidates shall be (or become) VCA VOL certified
- Flexible for travelling and in possession of a valid driving license.
- 10 years of experience in field engineering, construction management, commissioning of industrial buildings and structures;