Our client requires the expertise of a highly skilled Lead engineer with strong exposure with coordinating with external stakeholders such as licensing authorities, land owners, contractors, client, etc.
- Must have proven project management experience working within various pipeline projects at any given time.
- An essential part of this role would be to have strong team management skills.
- Technical knowledge and onsite experience with heat pipes and the associated thermal expansion, as well as high pressure/high temperature pipes in the O&G sector, is essential.
- Previous and current experience would include a strong focus on specific projects related to the energy transition (heating networks, CO2 and H2 pipes).
- Handle all issues in the field of underground (main) pipes for heat networks (district heating), transport and distribution of energy carriers, chemicals, drinking water and waste water.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team for various clients on mono- and multidisciplinary projects.
- Work together with engineers, designers and supervisors and have intensive contact with colleagues, clients, government, suppliers, contractors and many other stakeholders.
- Completed Degree (preferably Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering).
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience as an (underground infrastructure) engineer.
- Must have strong communication skills and have ample experience in managing teams.
- Experience with multidisciplinary projects is an advantage.
- Being able to speak and write Dutch is an advantage. Fully fluent in Afrikaans would be considered.
- Professional knowledge, standards and technical knowledge of Pipelines is non-negotiable.
- Additional preferences needed are project preparation / management knowledge and overall knowledge of Stakeholder management is essential.
- Knowledge of CAD (Civil 3D) (prerequisite).