Our client is looking for a Mechanical Lead Engineer with Datacenter experience to join their team.
Within the Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team our customer delivers a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the data center market. We have experts in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Architectural, Fire safety, Controls and Security engineering and combine this knowledge and expertise to develop integrated detailed designs for data centers. Our clients increasingly demand more detailed designs in 3D up to working documentation level. Therefor we need engineers who combine engineering skills with 3D modelling skills. This will allow us to efficiently engineer and model designs.
- Manage and deliver mechanical work packages in multiple projects.
- Identify project scope, design, and management objectives.
- Produce project documentation to ensure quality and information flow for contractors, vendors, and regulatory authorities.
- Write technical specifications and reports.
- Assist the project manager in project cost preparation and risk assessments.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships, focusing on continuous technical professional development.
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepare tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews.
- Evaluate proposals and provide recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection.
- Draft technical specifications for tenders.
- Communicate project status to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
- A bachelor and/or master degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 – 10 years relevant working experience in mechanical design and / or installation.
- Good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Good understanding of the daily (operational) business of our clients.
- An entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude.
- Result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude.
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team.
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients.
- You have a good command of German and English both written and spoken.