TenneT is a leading European electricity transmission system operator (TSO) with its main activities in the Netherlands and Germany. With over 23,500 kilometres of high-voltage connections we ensure a secure supply of electricity to 42 million end-users. We employ almost 5,000 people and have a turnover of EUR 4.1 billion. TenneT is one of Europe’s major investors in national and cross-border grid connections on land and at sea, bringing together the Northwest European energy markets and driving the energy transition. The energy transition is one of the most impactful challenges facing society and energy supply. After a period of strong growth and as a key player in the energy market, TenneT is also restructuring to be prepared for its pivotal role in the energy transition.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Representing the sub project civil by absence
- (Partly) drawing up and fine-tuning (sub)project plans, planning, resources including further elaboration of scope and risks together with sub project leads and other (internal) stakeholders;
- (co-)solving organisational and scope related technical specific problems;
- Discussing, assessing and accepting deliveries from suppliers and consultants;
- Ensuring the monitoring of quality, health and safety (Arbeitsbedingungen Gesetz) and environmental issues;
- Supporting and/or coordinating and (partly) filling in the environmental management with various internal and external stakeholders (e.g. other team members, competent authorities, companies and private individuals);
- Testing the structural designs with (planning) technical solutions based on TenneT standards and project-specific requirements;
- Ensuring and complying with the execution of the design;
- Monitoring the construction site and compliance with safety rules at the construction site in particular (SHE);
- Assurance of quality and supervision on the construction site/building site to the extent as this is regulated and required in the contract;
- Quality check of the final permit documents (in particular with regard to efficient construction and execution);
- Monitoring of the contractual aspects of the project (including quality), implementation review and acceptance, observation process;
- Coordinating the interfaces of the various disciplines within the project in cooperation with the SPL Civil.
The following general aspects are:
- Sparring partner for the other project members;
- Assessor / Observer (primarily for the quality processes of the suppliers/contractors and related products);
- Progress reporting to the SPL Civil
- Reporting deviations to the SPL Civil and taking action on the deviations;
- Preparing the decision proposals and advice.
- You have master / bachelor working- and thinking level with at least 10 years of work experience.
- You have at least 5 years of recent experience in successfully managing HVDC or similar (high voltage) projects.
- Experience in the energy sector is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the German building code (Baugestezbuch)
- You have extensive experience with project-based working according to the guidelines of the Prince 2 system.
- You have (extensive) experience with various contract forms (e.g EPC) and working with supporting external and internal services.
- Experience with Think Project is an advantage.
- You have a helicopter view, in order to rise above the subject matter and where necessary adjust to detail.
- You are a professional, analytical and always looking for improvement.
- You are a team player with decisiveness, communication skills, care and initiative.
- You are excellent at anticipating, prioritising and creating predictability.
- You have an excellent command of German and English in word and writing. Mastery of the Dutch language is an advantage.
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721