As Senior Furnace Steel Engineer you perform all necessary engineering activities related to furnace structural steel and refractory engineering. You advise / support / assist other Furnace Steel Engineers with the performance of their assignments. You coach new Furnace Steel Engineers and Designers. You direct and review the work performed by the Furnace Steel Engineers and Designers. You optimize design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements. Furthermore, you advise the Departmental Manager in maintaining furnace and refractory lining engineering work instructions, specifications and standards.
- Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
- All necessary engineering activities related to furnace structural steel and refractory engineering.
- Advise / support / assist other Furnace Steel Engineers with the performance of their assignments.
- Coach new Furnace Steel Engineers and Designers.
- Direct and review the work performed by the Furnace Steel Engineers and Designers.
- Optimize design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements.
- Advise DM in maintaining furnace and refractory lining engineering work instructions, specifications and standards.
- Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related specifications and design drawings.
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations for the purchase of furnace steel, refractory lining and specific items such air pre-heater, burners, duct compensators, protrusion seals etc.
- Coordinate furnace structure related issues with the other disciplines Process, Furnace Internals, Electrical, Instrumentation, Civil, Piping, Rotating and Static Equipment, Procurement and Construction.
- Prepare foundation loading and furnace structural steel calculations.
- Coordinate furnace steel and refractory engineering and detailed design subcontracts to third parties.
- Review furnace steel and refractory engineering and detailed design performed by third parties.
- Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
- Ensure overall quality of the furnace structural design by performing regular model reviews.
- Prepare MTO’s of furnace steel, refractory and associated components for estimating, purchasing and construction tendering purposes.
- My care for Health & Safety is reflected in my daily actions
- Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers.
- Review the project schedule related to furnace structural steel activities and associated items.
- Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work.
- Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN
- procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval.
- Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the project manager and departmental manager.
- Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists.
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and Construction about changes).
- Education BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Work experience: Min. 10 years in similar function.
- Knowledge of international standards related to civil and structural steel design, such as Eurocodes, American codes, DIN, etc.
- Knowledge of applying structural design software, such as Staad Pro.
- Knowledge of refractory lining engineering and design.
- Knowledge of furnace type of structures and associated components, such as burners, ducting, air pre-heaters, stack etc.
- Familiar with applying 3D modeling software, such as PDS
- Frameworks and 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.
- Language English, (Dutch), (German).
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721