Across the globe, our clients in the public and private sectors count on us to take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we partner with our clients to build legacies for generations to come.We are the world’s premier infrastructure firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle. We’re planners, designers, engineers, consultants and construction managers driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Our successful and growing Benelux Environmental Services Team currently has a vacancy for a Sr. Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant to work on various projects. Our new colleague will be based in the office in The Hague and will join a dynamic team which undertakes a wide variety of projects for mainly international private sector clients based in the Netherlands and abroad. These projects involve, but are not limited to, compliance and due diligence auditing, permitting, soil and groundwater, assessments and applications of the Dutch environmental and safety legislations.
Within this role you will have direct client contact with a large variety of industrial clients (including future accounts) and be their focal point to provide consulting advice in a wide range of Environmental, Health and Safety projects. You advice our clients on regulatory implications of findings and act pro-actively in finding sustainable solutions for their challenges. This means implementing safety, quality and customer focus into your day-to-day activities and acting as a senior technical reviewer for the client’s deliverables.
Furthermore you will coach and develop our junior and medior consultants and manage projects regarding time, budget and quality. As a Sr. Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant you have a great opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects (Transportation, Construction Services, Ports and Marine, Water, and more) nationally and internationally and you have the chance to develop the Environmental department further in other areas you may prefer.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental and Health & Safety Management, Bio Engineering or another technical, environmental or chemical field of study.
- You have expertise in several environmental topics and previous working experience within consultancy or industry (minimum 10 years) including a solid knowledge of actual environmental, health & safety legislation.
- A high level of expertise in due diligence, audits and permitting processes (e,g, water, wabo and EIA) is preferred as is a MVK, HVK or an equivalent certification.
- Furthermore you are confident in working in an international, matrix organization and in a team and have the willingness to travel within the Netherlands and occasionally abroad to meet the needs of specific projects.
- Showing a strong commitment to clients environmental health and safety culture is a must and last but not least we require excellent communication skills, fluent Dutch speaking and fluent English (written and verbal) together with a strong customer focus.
Abigail Bakker 023 3032900
Abigail Bakker 023 3032900