To strengthen our Mechanical discipline in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Lead Engineer with several years of managerial experience in the field of mechanical projects. Permanent position.
What do we offer you?
- A multidisciplinary work environment with challenging projects;
- A diverse and versatile working day in terms of tasks and responsibilities;
- The ability to contribute to projects from conceptual design to implementation;
- A valuable position within project teams and the department, you actively contribute to the whole;
- A professional and dedicated team in combination with a pleasant working atmosphere;
- Various growth and training opportunities so that you can get the best out of yourself;
- A flat organization. Do you have questions? We help each other.
What are you going to do?
As a Lead Engineer Mechanical, you ensure that the various projects come to a successful conclusion is being brought. These multidisciplinary projects vary from (medium) to large to small, from new construction to revamp, from feasibility study to detailed design, and from concept to construction. As a result, no day is the same. In the role of Lead Engineer, you are responsible for all the machines, devices, and equipment within our projects. You will (mainly) work in mono- and (partly) multidisciplinary teams work and ‘sometimes’ direct the performance of the work of other engineers. You are substantively involved in the engineering of the above by making and checking designs of, for example, machines and machine parts.
From your role, you are in contact with the various clients and stakeholders of your projects and take your responsibilities in terms of scope, planning, and budget. Efficiency, safety, and sustainability are the most important aspects that are reflected in our work. You get the freedom to work on challenging projects within various sectors of the industry. In addition, you have experience with the 3D design package Inventor (in the study, concept, and basic engineering phase. To test the design for strength, knowledge of our Finite Element Analysis program to the recommendation.
Where necessary, a Design Risk Analysis or DFMEA will be used to assess the safety and/or reliability of the design) Detail Engineering will be done by our (Junior) Engineers, it goes without saying that you guide them in this phase. You are involved in the Design Reviews with clients or other disciplines. In addition to your project work, you are also a knowledge carrier and source of information within machine construction discipline and are you able to guide and train (in particular) Junior Engineers.
What are you bringing?
- A completed Mechanical Engineering education at least at Bachelor’s level;
- Experience as a Lead/Senior Mechanical Engineer in a similar role at small – to (medium) large projects, gained within a professional engineering environment such as an engineering firm or machine builder;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor Professional: knowledge of Solid Works Professional is a pre;
- You are familiar with ‘other’ subject-specific calculation software, such as Ansys;
- Good communication skills and a high degree of independence in the implementation of your projects;
- Experience in supervising Junior Engineers;
- Knowledge of. strength calculations (pre);
- Good command of both the English language and the willingness to learn the Dutch language own in the short term.
Esther Brummel +31 (0)23 3032960
Esther Brummel +31 (0)23 3032960