As Solution Engineer Logistical you will be responsible for realizing the logistical simulations from our crane projects in a profound and professional way. Hereby you will be securing practical know how into our simulation models and vice versa to continuous improve our designs. Work on the logistical simulations will vary but will take roughly 50% of your time, the other 50% you will be involved in designing the automation systems from our crane projects, creating specifications, implementing the software and where possible commissioning your work on site.
Our client is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by their automation technology.
Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Our client offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbor and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Cranes developments.
To enforce the team, the department Cranes is searching for a colleague with broad knowhow and experience with logistical simulations and an interest automation, simulation and digitalization. You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany. You will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, Create and maintain logistical simulation models related to container terminal equipment;
- Pro active cooperate with our sales team to use the logistical simulations in the sales phase;
- Organize monthly meetings with the simulation team;
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes;
- Contribute to the overall design in cooperation with the responsible design engineer;
- The detail engineering of projects;
- Supports the commissioning and acceptance tests;
- May cooperate with Solutions of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate the technical interfaces;
- Track, document and report development progress regularly;
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or similar
- At least 3 years proven experience in the field of complex (automation) projects/ in an engineering environment as an engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages,
- Knowledge of JEE application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL, dotNET;
- Experience with Plant simulation or Demo3D/Emulate3D is a preference;
- Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals and their logistical processes is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- In possession of a Dutch driver’s license, or in the process of obtaining it.
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723