Therefore we are looking for a Solution engineer who will be the IT specialist for our client in The Hague and who will be participating in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, PC networks, virtualization, cyber security topics . A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
Reporting to the head of engineering, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products. You will be responsible for the IT side of the projects we do: designing, implementing and supporting. You will have a unique role at the department as a driving force to guide us in the rapid developing world of IT.
- Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development.
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
- Supports the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyzes potential malfunctions.
- Identifies and defines technical requirements for realizing alternative applications.
- Evaluates different build in concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Ensures observance of specifications.